Ordering pizza is an exciting feat. You anticipate the gooey, warm cheese. The sweet, slighty tart tomato sauce. The perfect crust. Biting into the pizza just moments after it comes to your door. But, regardless of the magic of pizza, you can get bored of ordering the same old toppings (or lack thereof) every time. That's why you've got this list of tasty combos to help you mix it up (hint: just tell your pizza joint the specific crust, cheese, and toppings instead of the nicknames):
- The Tuscan - this is a unique topping combo that should please meat lovers. It consists of pepperoni, salami, bacon, gouda cheese, and about a handful of pepperoncini peppers on top. The result is something with real "gusto."
- The Flying Fish - take your classic cheese pizza and add delicious anchovies and pieces of roast chicken to get this tasty style. The anchovies are the fish and the chicken is the "flying" part.
- Secret Garden - for you veggie lovers, there is an option that brings something different to the table. In addition to mozzarella and provolone cheese, the Secret Garden includes thin crust, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, cucumbers, and feta cheese. (For vegans, remove the cheese).
- Backyard Grill - few things are more tasty than a good grilled skewer of meat and veggies. You can have the best of both worlds with this one: take a cheese pizza, add barbeque sauce, grilled chicken, grilled beef, and grilled sausage to complete this masterpiece.
- The Winery - if your pizza joint has white wine, ask them to sautee chicken in it with garlic. Then, have them place the garlic sauteed chicken on a cheese pizza, adding white and red onions, and finishing with a handful of olives.
- Pool O' Pizza - taking a Chicago-style deep dish pizza, top it with pepperoni, grated parmesan, and an extra helping of sauce. The result is a dripping, delicious puddle of pizza. No one's stopping you.
- The "Gentleman" - this pizza is made with a thin crust, parmesan and mozzarella cheese topping, and no sauce. That way, you enjoy the salty, crunchy delight of the pizza without the mess to clean up afterwards.
Pizza doesn't have to be all cheese or pepperoni. You can spice up your pizza life by requesting the above combos next time you order (from companies like Pizza from Perfect 2 For 1 Pizza). And don't be afraid to come up with some of your own.